What To Pack On A Business Trip
Do you ever get return home from a business trip and wonder just why you packed all of those things that you thought you’d need, but didn’t? If this has ever happened to you, take flight with some of these business travel tips that will:
1) Guarantee that you’ll have everything you need for a great trip.
2) Keep you from bringing too many things that you’ll never even use.
But before we tell you what to pack, let’s take a moment to remind you of what you need to pack it in. Business travel rule #1: never check your luggage. Plenty of business travelers have weighed in on this topic and the consensus in unified.
The right piece of rolling luggage will assure you that you won’t have to check anything. Since carry-on luggage size is 22” x 14” x 9”, the ecbc Sparrow II Wheeled Garment Bag is the perfect choice. It not only fits these limits, but is strong, durable, and will keep all of your things organized and safe.
The Right Stuff
- Choose one color theme. Choose pieces all in the same neutral color such as black, navy, or brown. You’ll eliminate having to accessorize shoes and jewelry.
- Speaking of shoes…don’t bring more than two. Pick one that is comfortable for plenty of walking and pick one that is dressier for fashionable style. Stick with the neutral rule.
- Top it off. You’ll never fail with a jacket or blazer. Choose a solid color that matches your theme, or at least the majority of your bottoms
- Cover your butt. You should pack enough underwear and socks to last through your trip, one pair for each day. And add 2 extra pairs just-in-case.
- Take advantage of the complementary items. Remember that most hotels offer complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap and they’ll replace them each day. If you must bring your own, remember the airline rules: smaller than 3oz.
- Keep your breath fresh. A toothbrush and toothpaste are a must, but pack a small tin or packet of breath mints or strips to keep your breath fresh through meetings and long lunches.
- Keep makeup to a minimum. Look for space-saving eye shadow sticks, one tube of mascara, and one neutral lip color. Look for travel sizes of your face cream.
- Freshen up. Deodorant is a must to keep yourself smelling sweet, but if you’re looking for designer fragrances, skip the liquid and go with solid perfume sticks.
- A case of chords. On the off chance that you left your charger on the kitchen counter, you’ll have an extra in your bag. Also good for colleagues who might have forgotten theirs.
- Bring your own broadband. Mobile broadband can save your life. Well, maybe not literally, but if you end up in a hotel with shady internet, you’ll be able to stay connected.
- Music is a must. Put it on your device and let it soothe you when you feel stressed, pump you up when you feel tired, and entertain you on layovers. Don’t forget the headphones.
- Business cards. And bring extra because you never know who you’ll network with.
Relaxation aids. To help you relax when the going gets tough, or if you can’t sleep.
Earplugs or noise cancelling headphones. This will make the outside world use it’s inside voice, whether they want to or not.
Always bring what you know you’ll need and skip the things you might need. This will keep your trip organized and streamlined every time.
Shop our Sparrow II Wheeled Garment Bag here!