Best Laptop Bag For Traveling
Before we can answer that question, you’ll need to know just what to look for when shopping for a laptop bag. What do you need and what don’t you need? And what features do you not even know you need? We’ll break it down for you so you can make the right purchase for your next big trip.
What You Need And Want In A Laptop Bag
- You need protection on the inside. If you love your gear, you want to keep it protected. Laptops and other techno gear can cost you a pretty penny, so it’s worth it to have a bag that will keep everything safe and sound in secure pockets through your many travels.
- You’ll want to have easy zippers. You don’t want to fiddle with the zippers. When a zipper strips, it can cause you a major headache, so look for a bag that has self-repairing zips.
- You need something easy to carry. When flying on your feet from terminal to terminal, you don’t want your laptop bag bouncing around, knocking into people and things as you pass by. You want it secure and steady, and backpack style bags are perfect for this.
- You’ll want plenty of space for your stuff. There’s no point in having a bag that only fits your laptop, so look for one that has multiple compartments to house cables and chargers, as well as anything else you might need on your trip.
- You need something tough on the outside. You need inside protection, but your laptop bag should have protection on the outside as well. Look for high-quality constructed materials and water resistance.
- You’ll want comfort and style. You can choose a backpack version, but you need to be sure it has comfortable straps and pads. And a laptop bag with a handle lets you convert to a carry mode if you like that option.
- You need a TSA dream. Look for a bag that will get you through TSA without having to open up and dig out your cables and techno gear. A separate compartment that can be laid flat and passed through is a great option.
What You’ll Get With A Lance Executive Daypack
The ecbc Lance Executive Daypack is the clear winner in laptop bags when it comes to traveling.
- It has protection on the inside. Lance has high density protective foam in the laptop and tablet pockets.
- You’ll get easy zippers. Not only are these zippers self-repairing and water-sealing, they’re made by YKK—the first and last name in zippers.
- It’s easy to carry. The Lance is a backpack that keeps everything safe and secure on your back, leaving your hands free for pulling your wheeled bag or looking at directions on your phone.
- You’ll have plenty of space for your stuff. 28 liters makes it big enough to hold your stuff, small enough to carry-on. And with 19 (!) storage compartments, a zippered water bottle holder, and a quick access ticket pocket, everything will stay in its place.
- It’s tough on the outside. The Lance is water resistant and made with nearly indestructible ballistic nylon. Need we say more?
- You’ll get comfort and style. An EVA foam back pocket, padded handle, durable adjustable straps, and a tuck-away waist belt for extra leverage means this is one comfy-cozy bag.
- It’s a TSA dream. The Lance Executive Daypack features the ecbc FastPass® System, giving you the freedom to fly through TSA without having to unpack your laptop, tablet, or cables. Just unzip and lay the laptop compartment flat on the conveyer.
Shop our backpacks here!