Beach Destinations For Families With Kids
When looking for a family vacation destination, few are better than a great beach. Not only do we have the luggage you’ll need to take everything with you, but we also have some of the very best beach destinations families can visit during the year 2018. Vacation planning season for next year is here, and the top beach destinations for families with kids are:
- San Diego, CA – San Diego beaches offer warm water, vigilant lifeguards, and sloping surfs that allow even the little ones to have fun with a swim. Going out a little further, the waves kick up just enough for the older children to take out their boogie or surfboard, while their younger siblings have fun trotting around in the surf. If they’re not crazy about swimming, volleyball courts offer families a way to all have some fun in the sun together. If you’re at the beach at the right time, you may even be able to catch a glimpse of Navy Seal training.
- Kiawah Island, SC – On the south-east coast rests Kiawah Island, SC, and its public beach Kiawah Beachwalker Park. Beachwalker Park is the only public beach on the privately owned island, so parents don’t need to worry about the beaches getting too crowded or rowdy for the sake of their little ones. A barrier reef located just offshore slows down the tide, making the waves gentle and calm so children of all ages can enjoy the warm water. Chair and umbrella rentals also allow parents to carry less with them to the beach, making set up and take-down time much less.
- Siesta Key, FL – Siesta Key, FL offers the best of the best when it comes to what everyone loves about the Florida Keys. The beaches are entirely smoke-free, with clean air and clean sand, to go along with warm crystal clear blue waters. A playground and beach volleyball courts give children and families of all ages plenty of activities to enjoy through all the days of their vacation. The surrounding town is a quintessential American beach-town with world-renowned places to enjoy an ice cream cone after a long day of fun in the sun.
- Empire, MI – For a beach vacation that’s a little different, Empire’s Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan is perfect. With an atmosphere much like Cape Cod, this lakeside beach boasts gorgeous views of Lake Michigan, and kids of all ages love climbing the rolling dunes. For little swimmers, the lake has all the fun without all the riptides or heavy surf periods.
- Rehoboth Beach, DE – Rehoboth Beach offers pure Americana with a beachside boardwalk lined with arcades and games as well as shopping and good old-fashioned fun. Taffy and sweet shops line the boards, and kids love trying all of the different types of candies these spots have to offer. As for the beaches, they tend to be quiet and clean with attentive and well-trained lifeguards on staff throughout the summer beach season.
Shop our Messenger Bags here!