Summer is the season that summons people out of the house to enjoy everything their city has to offer. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend big money to have fun. Our summer activities guide will help you make the absolute most of these steamy summer nights, and give you something to talk about around the water cooler on Monday.
See a different side of your city by doing some urban exploring. Urban Exploration is described as “the exploration of man-made structures or the various components of the urban environment.” Take a walk down to the train tracks, stroll through a part of your city you’ve never visited, or take to the rooftops to see a new perspective. You don’t have to escape the city to find something new!
Get in touch with nature by rolling out your yoga mat in a local park. Being outside can intensify the yoga experience in many ways: focusing awareness, breathing deeply, practicing stillness. Many aspects of yoga are in fact about being in the moment and practicing in the park can help you attain that. If you’re looking to make it a more casual yoga session, bring your iPod loaded with an upbeat soundtrack and some post-yoga snacks!
If it’s too hot for one of the above activities, we suggest you rediscover your inner child by heading to the local waterpark. Grab a group of friends, pack your backpack with drinks, and bring your favorite floatie. Who says waterparks are just for kids?
On August 5th, the Summer Olympics will kick off in Brazil. While people from around the world have their eyes on Rio, your party will be the talk of your friend group for years to come.
1. On the invites, ask your guests to wear the colors of the country they will be rooting for.
2. Create some Olympic-themed dishes to feed your hungry athletes. Pinterest is a great resource for simple and delicious ideas like Olympic pepperoni-ring pizza!
3. Next up, drinks! From Ginger Beer Floats to a classic Brazilian caipirinha, Food&Wine has a list of cocktails (and mocktails) that your guests are sure to love.
4. What’s an Olympic party without some games? Set up a relay race in your backyard or try out this newly popular game called “Drunk Waiter” – don’t forget to have your camera ready!
5. Make kitschy metals to celebrate your athletes. All it takes is some tin foil and string.
Let the games begin!
Tag us in your summer pictures on social media!