For an animal lover, a truly memorable vacation is one where one is able to experience the nature and the ecosystem of a certain destination. Sure, going to a zoo is great, but traveling to these destinations to see these habitats and critters in person is an experience that cannot be duplicated. 5 must experience destinations for animal lovers are:
1. Nairobi, Kenya – Probably the most famous destination for animal lovers is Nairobi, Kenya, and this is thanks to the famous Giraffe Manor resort. The manor sits on beautiful grounds that feature natural wildlife abound, meticulously maintained gardens, and plenty of spots to go outside for a little sun, but this isn’t why people travel from all over the world to experience it. The Manor also is home to a small herd of Rothschild giraffes, who often poke their heads through the windows of the manor looking for a little attention or a treat. When you’re not busy with the wildlife, taking in a relaxing massage or enjoying the regions wines are both popular activities.
2. Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica – The Osa Peninsula is home to a private nature reserve encompassing over 1,000 acres of lush animal-rich rainforest. Luxury eco-tourism has brought rainforest bungalows right into the middle of it all, allowing travelers to spend up close and personal time with birds, monkeys, and other forms of rainforest wildlife. The private preserve also offers guided tours with a nature expert, which will allow you to learn, see, and better appreciate the vast ecosystem surrounding you.
3. South Africa – At the Sanctuary Makanyane Safari Lodge travelers can enjoy a truly unique experience that puts them right in the middle of Africa’s best known wildlife. The lodge features safe glass-walled rooms, with floor to ceiling windows, which look out onto the grounds and the Marico River. As you relax in your room, don’t be surprised to see elephants, lions, rhinoceros, leopards, African wild dogs, or buffalo casually walking by. While you’re not observing the nature outside, the resort grounds also offer a substantial wine list and plenty of relaxing activities.
4. Teton Village, Wyoming – In Jackson Hole, the Four Seasons situated right in the middle of the Grand Teton mountain range proves that you don’t have to go abroad to have the memorable trip of a lifetime as a nature lover. A 4-hour expedition wildlife safari takes travelers into the wilderness to see some of the natural North American wildlife right in their natural habitat. On the safari ride, one can expect to catch a glimpse of wolves, elk, moose, bison, and even bear.
5. Hawaii – If underwater animals are your passion, there is no better travel destination than Hawaii. From swimming with dolphins to taking in tours and shows with marine biologists, the incredible Hawaiian ecosystem offers a plethora of experiences for animal lovers who prefer those that swim over those that walk. These personal encounters with marine animals are guided by professionals and provide not only an unforgettable experience but an excellent learning opportunity for children and families as well.